“When we deal in generalities, we shall never succeed. When we deal in specifics, we shall rarely have a failure. When performance is measured, performance improves. When performance is measured and reported, the rate of performance accelerates.” Thomas S. Monson
"Learning" But More Importantly "Understanding" The Way
- The Dream - The Vision - The Desire
- Setting The Goal - Staying The Course
- The Effort - The Pain - The Sacrifice
- Mastering the basic foundation skill sets
- Absolute belief
- Facing and overcoming adversity
- Recognizing limitations then finding the way
- Mastering the mind
- Controling the fear
- Following the footsteps and leaving your own
- Know your weak areas "Then Change Them"
- Changing the rythmn wins
- Deception creates openings "All Sport Is Chess"
- Breaking bad habits when under pressure
- Flexibility - Speed - Power - Strength - Stamina
- There is always a way "Find It"
- Winning without "The X Factor"
- Instinct - The Feel - The Spirit
- Using all of your weapons
- The extra mile "The Great Ones Do It"
- Training hard does not always work - but training hard the right way does
- Dealing with alcohol or drug concerns
- Stregthening family and home support relationships
After many years of training, observing, listening and teaching there are certain things that define great athletes, regardless of the sport. They are born with certain abilities:
- Quick to grasp the basic fundamentals
- Natural ability - speed - power - strength and flexibility
- Intinct and timing
- Attitude - Courage
- They have will power and the drive to succeed
- They have that intangible thing called the ex-factor
- Can handle the pain, disappointment and setback through injury
When this type of person having any one or number the above abilities has no ego and is willing to learn and work hard their natural talents and skill sets can be refined and sharpened and their full potential reached - A coaches dream.
Through exprience; not all those highly gifted with athletic ability make it. Some of those in the following categories with the right help can make it - insightful coaches, trainers and mentors can draw it out of them:
- No ability that jumps out at you - yet there is something there
- They are willing to learn and keep going; even when no one notices them
- They take much longer to learn the drills and finer skills
- They struggle with the fitness required
- They struggle with the weight regime required
- They struggle with discipline and the mental toughness required
- They wrestle with confidence and faith in their abilities
Understand the person, listen, recognize improvement, always encourage and it will suddenly happen. Good/great coaches, trainers and mentors are like carvers, moulders of clay not domineering but firm and clear. Carefully removing that which is impeding ability or adding that which is required so the athlete feels it more than he sees it - A coaches growth.
SEMINARS AND COACHING FOR SPORTS TEAMS AND ATHLETES
Herewini can help you and/or your team achieve more than you ever imagined, see below for details...
Book him in for a seminar today and invest in your success!